Hello, and welcome to the Avakin Community!
We hope you’ll have an excellent time in Avakin and on our websites. To make sure our community channels are fun and safe places to be, we’ve put together this code of conduct to outline what is and is not acceptable behaviour on this site and in game.
1) Bullying and harassment. Respect your fellow community members.
Never do anything that infringes the rights of another person on our forum, our social media pages or in our games. Any behaviour or text designed to intimidate, shame, bully, insult, harass, troll, flame, cause upset or shock to another person is prohibited. This also includes “Naming and Shaming” or starting campaigns to get other users punished. If you feel that a discussion is getting heated, go away from your computer and relax for 30 minutes before responding – it’ll help you clear your head! Begging for gifts also comes under harassment, so please do not do this.
2) Your privacy. Do not reveal personal information. Whether it belongs to you or another person, revealing personal information online can have negative consequences. We are aware that on social media platforms you may want to use your real name on your profile, however we urge you to be careful when taking conversations outside of the app, and encourage you to keep all communication inside Avakin Life if possible. Details such as your login information, social media profiles, full name, age, date of birth, address, phone number and email address should be kept private. If you give them to someone else, even if they are attempting to trick you, this will be considered account sharing which is against the rules.
3) Spamming. Don’t SPAM! Repetitive, Pointless or Annoying Messages (SPAM) can upset the community experience for other users and they displease moderators. Use your common sense here; SPAM includes flooding, hijacking, chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertisements and creating duplicate messages.
4) Adult-oriented behavior. Do not post, create or engage in sexual discussions. Our channels are social environments and we understand that relationships can develop quickly. However, we have a responsibility to ensure that all our community members are comfortable using our channels and so we ask that you never engage in any sort of sexual conversation, or create any content of a sexual nature. Breaches of this rule will be dealt with very seriously, keep it clean!
5) Illegal Activities. Don’t do anything illegal, or discuss anything that is illegal. The laws of your country always apply to your behaviour on the internet, and our community channels are no exception. Don’t do anything that condones, supports, depicts or recommends illegal activities. These activities include but are not limited to;
- Mods or hacks, or any 3rd party software or hardware that interferes or changes the normal live game.
- Drugs or any illegal substances
6) Age play. Age play is strictly prohibited. We advise you to never reveal your real age, however if you are caught pretending to be younger than you actually are you may be banned. If we have reason to believe you are underage, your account will be immediately banned and terminated after 5 days if you do not send us a government issued I.D proving you are over 13.
7) Fraud, Modding and Scams. Do not take advantage of bugs or glitches in a manner that is malicious and fraudulent. We expect you to report such issues to Avakin Life and not use them as workarounds to bypass our policies and guidelines. You must not alter the .apk in any way. Do not falsify documents when in contact with our support team. If you are caught attempting to scam or phish anyone you will be banned.
8) Impersonation. Do not pretend to be someone other than who you are. We understand that players like to roleplay different scenarios and this is fine, however you must not roleplay someone of a different age to yourself. Pretending to be Lockwood staff member or anyone else that works at Lockwood is against the rules, and this will result in a permanent ban. Pretending to be someone else in a malicious way will also result in a permanent ban.
9) Accounts. Account sharing is against the rules. You cannot sell/trade or otherwise transfer ownership of an account.
*All of our game rules apply to our website, forums, social media platforms and any application developed by Lockwood Publishing.
If you break the rules of conduct, either intentionally or by accident, we will first remove or edit any content associated with the breach and let you know why your behaviour broke our rules. For very severe breaches (sexual / illegal / bullying) or for repeat offences, we reserve the right to remove your access to our community channels and/or services temporarily or permanently. Because these rules can’t cover everything, we reserve the right to remove any content or suspend your account without prior notice and at our discretion for any behaviour which damages the health of the community.
Finally, for more information on how to stay safe online, you can check out these excellent resources:
- Ask About Games – A website with everything you need to know about video games!
- WebWise – An online course provided by the BBC to help you stay safe online.
- ThinkUKnow – A website created by UK police for parents, with information and tools to help teach children about online safety.